[GTALUG] Boeing India software engineers

mwilson at Vex.Net mwilson at Vex.Net
Tue Mar 12 21:43:32 EDT 2019

> Not to be left behind in an uncompetitive position, our Canadian
> companies, too, are making great strides in reigning in costs by
> shifting work offshore.

A friend of mine had a job from hell for a while as Canada-side overseer
of an India-based programming effort.  The job entailed being up all night
to oversee, then being up all day explaining to management what was
happening in India.  He's a smart, talented guy, but really, how good is
*anybody* going to be working like that?