[GTALUG] Boeing India software engineers

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Tue Mar 12 21:25:22 EDT 2019

On 03/12/2019 06:45 PM, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
> A number of years ago I read that India is generating more engineers per year
> that the rest of the world combined. How good they are - - - - that's
> another question.

Several years ago, many companies decided to cut costs by moving help
desks etc. to India.  Many have come to regret that decision, due to the
poor quality "help".  In another thread, I mentioned how many put cost
ahead of value and we get garbage as a result.

One very important question a lot are missing is who is going to pay for
products, services, etc., when more and more of the jobs are moving
overseas.  At one time, it was just cheap manufactured goods.  Now it's
IT, legal and medical services and more.  When does it end?