[GTALUG] kdevelop5

Gary technologynut at rogers.com
Fri Mar 8 11:03:01 EST 2019

Does anyone here use kdevelop? I just downloaded the latest version and
when I set breakpoints (yes  the Makefile sets the -g option) kdevelop
recognizes the breakpoint by colouring the line but then when debugging
it skips right to the very last line of code, thus ignoring my
breakpoints. I searched the web and could not get a satisfactory answer.

I've been using the older version kdevelop4 for more than two years
without any problems whatsoever. In desperation I tried to retrieve this
old version of kdevelop4 to a new computer running kubuntu 18.04, where
I'm having the problem, and so much has changed that I could not get the
lib packages that it depended on.  Thus I would likely have to downgrade
my kubuntu version as well (sigh...)

kdevelop4 was working so well and now this!!@|!!.
/gary