[GTALUG] Local source for weird RAM

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso at utoronto.ca
Wed Mar 6 15:08:02 EST 2019

On 3/6/19 2:51 PM, Mike Kallies via talk wrote:
> Hello GTALUG,
>
> I have an HP ML110 G6 which I'm using for some minor virtualization, but
> it has 12G of RAM in it.   I've been looking how to bring it up to 32G,
> but the options have been risky and expensive.   So much so, that
> replacing it with a different machine seems more worthwhile.
>
> Does anyone know a local source for these 8G "Dual Ranked, ECC,
> Unbuffered/NON-REGISTERED" modules?
>
> https://trainingrevolution.wordpress.com/2014/01/05/hp-proliant-ml110-g6-server-maximum-memory-configuration-32gb/

Not local, but there's compatible memory out there, just depends on how
long you can wait and if you're willing to pay for it:

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007951%20600564422%20600006161%20600006164%20601275453

(Check the pin count, I didn't filter on that).

If you have an account with a channel partner for HP I don't expect
you'd be asking here, but they can likely find it cheaper for you.

Or eBay may have some that would work.

Cheers, Jamon