[GTALUG] Ontario Bill 72: "Right to Repair"

Tue Mar 5 13:29:38 EST 2019

That's another thing that right to repair advocates are talking about.

Devices need to be designed to be repairable, which would make them a
bit bigger and a bit more expensive and this is the hardest part of
right to repair advocacy --  where government should force the
corporations to make devices more repairable.

Apple has been especially bad in the last 5 years or so with their
laptops -- Every time I contemplate getting one, they get worse.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/zmd9a5/tim-cook-to-investors-people-bought-fewer-new-iphones-because-they-repaired-their-old-ones