[GTALUG] Ontario Bill 72: "Right to Repair"

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Tue Mar 5 13:10:30 EST 2019

A while back I took my ASUS phone to ASUS to see about repair.

Repairing the phone was going to cost me about 2/3 the cost of a new
ASUS phone.

Not like the repair of a 20,000 car where the repair cost runs from a
few hundred to a few thousand.

I think the right of repair is a good idea but I am not sure now many
highly integrated products are amenable to cost effective repair.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   land:  (905)513-7688
alvin at netvel.net              ||