[GTALUG] Volunteer Opportunity at Toronto Botanical Garden

Mark Stewart librarian at torontobotanicalgarden.ca
Fri Jun 28 15:03:44 EDT 2019

Hello,

I'm writing from Toronto Botanical Garden with a volunteer opportunity that may be of interest to some of your group members.

We (TBG) are a small non-profit organization and currently lack any IT staff due to budgetary constraints. We're looking to set up an open-source DAM system on our in-house Linux server. If anyone might be interested in helping out, or knows someone who might, we'd love to connect with the right person/people. Thanks for taking a look!

Here's a brief description of the project:

Toronto Botanical Garden is looking for a volunteer with strong Linux skills to help us set up an open-source Digital Asset Management software on a designated, in-house server. The volunteer will work closely with TBG's Knowledge Resources Manager on this project. Our goal is to set up a DAM system to catalogue our digital assets, including images, video, and other electronic files. Some work has been done to select an appropriate open source DAM to suit TBG's needs, with Collective Access<https://www.collectiveaccess.org/> being a strong contender.
                The ideal volunteer will have previous experience working with, installing, and configuring DAM software. This project will greatly increase TBG's ability to leverage our digital assets for communication, outreach, and research.

Thank you for considering.

Hope you have a fantastic long weekend!

Mark Stewart, MLIS
Knowledge Resources Manager

TORONTO BOTANICAL GARDEN
777 Lawrence Avenue East, Toronto, ON
T. 416-397-1375  F. 416-397-1354
W. www.torontobotanicalgarden.ca<http://www.torontobotanicalgarden.ca/>

UPCOMING EVENTS
ZimSculpt, June 29 through September 8, 2019

VISIT TORONTO BOTANICAL GARDEN'S WESTON FAMILY LIBRARY<https://library.torontobotanicalgarden.ca/>
Mon - Fri, 10am - 4pm
Sat - Sun, 12pm - 4pm