[GTALUG] [OT] mySQL help SOLVED

nick xerofoify at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 16:29:26 EDT 2019

On 2019-06-04 4:00 p.m., Stephen via talk wrote:
> Thank you to all who posted offers/attempts of help. I have been looking at this part time over a few days.
>
> It turns out my problem was in my PHP code :(
>
> I went through every bit of my mysql system. Everything was fine. I did learn a few things :)
>
> But, the new upgraded version required a medium strength password and that includes a special character. I made what I thought was a simple change in my web sites data.php file.
>
> But, I put my PHP variables between double quotes. That caused the special character in my password to expand and thereby become incorrect. :(
>
> In future I will use single quotes for my passwords.

Double quotes versus single quotes is one of the biggest headaches in PHP. It's
caused me a lot of headaches over even my limited web development experience.
Granted it's still not as bad as string being considered the default promoted
type in PHP which is even more annoying.

Glad to see it working :),

Nick