[GTALUG] [OT] mySQL help SOLVED

Stephen stephen-d at rogers.com
Tue Jun 4 16:00:45 EDT 2019

Thank you to all who posted offers/attempts of help. I have been looking
at this part time over a few days.

It turns out my problem was in my PHP code :(

I went through every bit of my mysql system. Everything was fine. I did
learn a few things :)

But, the new upgraded version required a medium strength password and
that includes a special character. I made what I thought was a simple
change in my web sites data.php file.

But, I put my PHP variables between double quotes. That caused the
special character in my password to expand and thereby become incorrect. :(

In future I will use single quotes for my passwords.

--
Stephen