[GTALUG] Recommendations for useful laptop suitable for Ubuntu

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 21:12:29 EDT 2019

I know that Alex has picked out his machine, but it does amaze me how
slowly computers age now. A friend gave me an HP EliteBook Folio 9480m
<https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04410212> that had been declared
surplus by his employer. With 16 GB RAM and an i7-4600U processor, it's
still pretty nippy. It's clearly designed as a ThinkPad replacement: it
even has the little trackpoint mouse nubbin in the keyboard.

Battery life is no longer great, but it's light and portable.

 Stewart