[GTALUG] Recommendations for useful laptop suitable for Ubuntu

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jul 17 09:49:51 EDT 2019

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 10:16:23PM -0400, William Park via talk wrote:
> There is too much talking on this list, and not enough action.  Consider
> Lenovo T450 for $330:
>     <https://www.newegg.ca/p/N82E16834847377?Item=N82E16834847377>
> I bought one last year, better spec at lower price.  I think they made
> mistake when converting US$ to CAN$.

I wouldn't personally be able to put up with that given the reviews
mention 1600x900 display.  I want 1920x1080 or better personally. :)

Although my wife has 1600x900 on her T430 and doesn't seem to mind.
1920x1080 was not that common on the 14" models.

Does seem like a good price though.

--
Len Sorensen