[GTALUG] laptop repair in GTA/Markham?

Don Tai dontai.canada at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:01:54 EST 2019

I usually remove all connections, ensure everything is clean, then
carefully reinstall everything. Do people actually do traces and try to
solder? These are tiny components. I use a multimeter to ensure connections
are electrically sound, and that is it. Sometimes for a loose connector
such as a USB I'll heat up the connectors enough to resolder itself, but
not hot enough to remove connections.

I know of no place that does more than troubleshoot and swap parts.