[GTALUG] laptop repair in GTA/Markham?

Dave Collier-Brown Dave.Collier-Brown at indexexchange.com
Wed Jan 9 10:54:56 EST 2019

There used to be a good little laptop repair shop at https://goo.gl/maps/APtaLkcY4262  Eglington west of the Allan expressway. I see two little PC places there, but they aren't familiar...

Google lists lots of places, including one called "laptopwash.ca" (;-))

--dave

On 2019-01-09 10:30 a.m., Alvin Starr via talk wrote:

I second grabbing the torx screwdriver.

I got a cheap(ish) multi-bit screwdriver kit at Princess Auto and it has been great for fixing things like that.

It may not be a corroded trace but it may still just be wet inside and the coffee and water would happily conduct.

If you take the board out and can a bit of clean water can be used to flush the wet parts.

Also things like keyboards don't take kindly to dirty water under the keys.