[GTALUG] laptop repair in GTA/Markham?

Tim Tisdall tisdall at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 10:41:40 EST 2019

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 at 10:22, Don Tai via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> I'd try buying the correct torx screwdriver sizes at CanTire and take it apart myself. Then clean and put back together.

Yeah, I actually ordered a set weeks ago to repair my phone and the
tracking says it arrived at the airport on Christmas day.  So, one
should be arriving at my house any day now, but who knows how long.
It seems the 66 piece set at Canadian Tire is on sale again for $20.
I KNOW if I buy it that the other set will arrive this evening.

However, if I do that and it still won't turn on afterwards can anyone
recommend someone who's able to do actual repairs (such as fixing
traces or surface connections).  I have a soldering iron and
multi-meter, but not sure I want to risk it myself.