[GTALUG] laptop repair in GTA/Markham?

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Wed Jan 9 11:56:26 EST 2019

On 01/09/2019 10:22 AM, Don Tai via talk wrote:
> I'd try buying the correct torx screwdriver sizes at CanTire and take
> it apart myself. Then clean and put back together.

They're also available at Sayal and probably many other places.  As for
repairing, depending on what happened, it may be possible to rinse in
hot water.  I used to often wash circuit boards in it, back when I was a
computer tech (working on mini computers).  As for repair shops
replacing, rather than repairing, that's pretty much necessary, given
the complexity of today's devices.  Trouble shooting takes time and with
the cost of tech time and overhead, it doesn't take long to reach the
cost of a new device.