[GTALUG] another unique store gone: Above All Electronic Surplus

mwilson at Vex.Net mwilson at Vex.Net
Mon Dec 16 16:37:58 EST 2019

> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 at 00:01, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk
> <talk at gtalug.org>
> wrote:
>

>> I blame me, and people like me.  We stopped giving them enough
>> business.
>

> Don't beat yourself up over this. The Internet also sped the decline.

I do suspect, also, that the electronics industry has faded away from the
T.O. area.  Less industry creates less surplus.  Last time I was at Active
Surplus, quite a few years ago, I found some transistors at 10 for $1.00.
The same parts at Home Hardware at College and Spadina were $.10 each.
Active surplus just didn't have the "surplus" advantage any more.