[GTALUG] Phishing is no mirage...

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 14:04:41 EST 2019

This morning, I received a realistic looking message appearing to be from
our hosting provider (linode) which was trying to convince me to send out
my credit card information.
Titled... "Linode Support Ticket 13142320 - Other - Account Limit reached.
Please open a support ticket."

This may even be more of a "spear phishing" thing as it it was broadly
personalized to me, as I help manage the GTALUG account at linode.

Something was looking suspicious about the URL...
http://login.linode.com.login.return.to.https.21354545.paulinasfriends.com