[GTALUG] Cloud Based versus Openness

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 14:38:32 EST 2019

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 4:24 PM Christopher Browne via talk
<talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> "Local-first software: you own your data, in spite of the cloud"
>
> Here's an interesting rabbit-hole for those that are interested in data archival.
> https://blog.acolyer.org/2019/11/20/local-first-software/

Thank you for a most interesting connection.

hopefully not inappropriate but perhaps I'm allowed a question - - -
hopefully for
debate and/or instruction (I am not a dev).

A distance into the blog post there is a metric on local first
'software' - - - the
development tools assessment is quite - - - negative - - - are there perhaps
a combination of tools that might be even better than this 'Couch DB'
for developing
something like web tools?

Regards