[GTALUG] Samsung router?

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Wed Aug 28 20:45:07 EDT 2019

On 8/28/19 7:10 PM, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 3:36 PM James Knott via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
>> On 2019-08-28 04:31 PM, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
>>> Hmmmmmmmm - - - - there is a real dearth of technical information
>>> on that website!
>> I noticed that too.  It used to be the "Specifications" tab actually
>> provided some info.  I guess this is someone's idea of an "improvement".
>>
>> However Googling turns up this:
>> http://www.dlinkworks.com/DGS-1210-28.asp
> Google use has been deprecated for about 2 years here but much thanks
> for the link. There is no mention of ONIE which would give me the option
> of running some linux solutions instead of the proprietary 'normal' one.
> Am wondering if I should look for something where POE is also available
> even if on just some of the ports - - - - that would be very useful for a lot
> of sensor type of applications.
>
> Thanks for the assistance!

Finding ONIE capable switches for a reasonable price will be a hard to do.
The only ONIE switches I have yet seen have all been 10G or faster.

I keep hoping that someone will start an OpenWRT like project for
commodity switches.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   land:  (647)478-6285
alvin at netvel.net              ||