[GTALUG] Samsung router?

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso at utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 28 15:54:30 EDT 2019

On 2019-08-28 15:30, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
> Hopefully this isn't considered a thread hijacking - - - but - - - -
> is there any linux software for running a managed switch?
>
> You are indicating that Cisco is perhaps not a great choice - - - - do
> you have any recommendations? (Hopefully not ones that are seriously
> 'ouch' in the price department - -  - grin.)

Make your own box and run Cumulus on it:

https://cumulusnetworks.com/products/cumulus-linux/

IIRC it is a Debian derived distribution. We experimented with some
100Gbit Mellanox and Chelsio cards with Cumulus at Canonical and it was
pretty straightforward. Refreshing to not use Cisco's CLI, which I have
never found intuitive.

Cheers, Jamon