[GTALUG] Samsung router?

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso at utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 28 10:35:54 EDT 2019

On 2019-08-28 10:26, James Knott via talk wrote:
> On 2019-08-28 09:50 AM, Alvin Starr via talk wrote:
>> There is always Ubiquiti. Their stuff is a little more expensive than
>> what you will pay at CanadaComputers.
>> They tend to have decent long term support becuase they sell to WISPs
>> and there is usually an SSH/telnet capability built into the units so
>> you can poke around inside.
>> They now seem to sell direct in Canada.
>
> Any business grade unit should have similar, along with management
> software that runs on a computer.  These units also tend to be designed
> for use on networks with multiple APs.  Cisco has some great gear, but
> tends to be a bit pricey.

For the price, with OpenWRT support, hard to go wrong with an EdgeRouter:

https://openwrt.org/toh/ubiquiti/ubiquiti_edgerouter_x_er-x_ka

https://www.deploydepot.ca/ubiquiti-edge-router-x-gigabit-5-port-ethernet-router/

I haven't flashed OpenWRT on mine since it is running my Unifi APs. I
want a second for a lab unit to play with.

Cheers, Jamon