[GTALUG] Samsung router?

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Wed Aug 28 09:37:15 EDT 2019

On 2019-08-28 09:29 AM, Giles Orr wrote:

> My first criteria when selecting an access point is "does it support
> OpenWRT?"

Then you're talking router and not access point.  I prefer separate
router and access point, as I can put the AP in the best location,
rather than where's handy for a router.  Also, with PoE, I don't have to
worry about proximity to AC power.  I have my AP mounted up on the wall
in my laundry room, which is roughly in the middle of my condo and
provides a good signal throughout and even out on my balcony.  If I used
router WiFi, in my computer room, I'd have a poor signal at the far end
of my unit.  Regardless, the lack of info on those Samsung devices is a
real issue.  That indicates dummy grade gear and limits what someone can
do with it.

BTW, I use pfSense for my firewall.