[GTALUG] Micro development Was: Re: For Chris: Commodore BASIC as a scripting language

mwilson at Vex.Net mwilson at Vex.Net
Mon Aug 26 10:19:08 EDT 2019

On Sun, August 25, 2019 11:19 pm, William Park via talk wrote

> At work, I once tried to use TI micro board (launchpad or something),
> and to program that, I have to download their IDE and edit through that,
> because only it knows which headers and libraries to pull in.  Anything
> I do or learn, cannot translate to boards from other company.
> Eventually, I ended up using Beaglebone Black and wrote a little Python
> program. Geez!

I'm fitfully trying to cobble together a tool chain for the Teensy3.5
board.  Prying loose a kinetis.h file has got me doing gcc compiles now.
I'll count it a total success if I manage to avoid running somebody's
opaque install program as root.  I may just have to put up with a little
failure to get a physical loader that works.  I did it before, a long time
ago, with Atmel SAM7's.