[GTALUG] Running Dell branded Nvidia gtx 1060 in non-dell system

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon Aug 12 18:11:35 EDT 2019

| From: xerofoify via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| For reference yes thats correct Hugh. If you look through the Intel
| Assembly Manual it probably mentions
| it there .

By "it", I understand you to mean "PCIe 3.0 support".  That's a bit
odd for an "Assembly Manual".

Do you mean this manual?
<https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/manuals/64-ia-32-architectures-software-developer-vol-1-manual.pdf>

"Intel(TM) 64 and IA-32 ArchitecturesSoftware Developer's Manual"
Volume 1 of 9.

I don't see PCIe mentioned there.  Nor would I expect it.  There is
mention of PCI in an example of using the MOVNTDQA instruction.

| Through I don't think that Haswell has the SHA512 extension
| in hardware. Not sure when that
| was added but I believe it was in a later version.

I don't see SHA-512 mentioned in that manual.  I see 5.18 "INTEL(TM)
SHA EXTENSIONS" but that does not cover SHA-512.

Is this described elsewhere?

Is this related to the PCIe version in some way?