[GTALUG] Suggestions for stopping occasional spurious use of commercial wi-fi

James Knott james.knott at jknott.net
Sun Sep 16 13:50:14 EDT 2018

On 09/16/2018 01:45 PM, David Collier-Brown via talk wrote:

> What's a good approach? I have considered

Many people use separate routers, as they're not happy with the Rogers
hardware.  I run pfSense on a refurb computer.  All you have to do is
put the modem in bridge mode and connect your router.  Also, you may
want to get something other than a Cisco modem.  Rogers doesn't support
IPv6 on them.  I have a Hitron modem in bridge mode.

BTW, when I switched from Cisco to Hitron, I wound up with a significant
price decrease for my Internet/TV/Home phone service.