[GTALUG] Last Ubuntu OS Update Breaks ffmpeg

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 09:21:48 EDT 2018

Could be a power state issue. I just recently added
intel_pstate=skylake_hwp to my grub while working on my own build. If it is
a similar issue, perhaps the instructions on this page will help.

IIRC I added this to F27 but not yet to F28, just to make sure I didn't
break anything. My video stuttering issue is really with F28.

https://blogs.igalia.com/vjaquez/2017/12/07/enabling-huc-for-sklkbl-in-debiantesting/

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 8:16 AM Stephen via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> And help and/or advise appreciated.
>
> I am using 18.4 and apply all updates.
>
> I have been using ffmpeg for many years to convert file formats. I am
> now getting errors that have me confused. Here is the command line:
>
> ffmpeg -i 101.Cat.avi -c:v libx264 -c:a copy 101.Cat.mp4
>
> I now get many errors:
>
> libGL error: unable to load driver: i965_dri.so
> libGL error: driver pointer missing
> libGL error: failed to load driver: i965
> libGL error: unable to load driver: i965_dri.so
> libGL error: driver pointer missing
> libGL error: failed to load driver: i965
> libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
> libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
> X Error: GLXBadContext
> Request Major code 155 (GLX)
> Request Minor code 6 ()
> Error Serial #55
> Current Serial #54
>
> I Google the errors and everything seems to focus on bugs in Android
> Studio which I don't use.
>
> So I am at a loss for how to fix this.
>

> --
> Stephen