[GTALUG] Can't boot using Xorg, only Wayland works on Ubuntu 18.04

Jim Ruxton jim.ruxton at gmail.com
Mon May 14 00:09:03 EDT 2018

I recently updated to Ubuntu 18.04 and cannot boot using Xorg only
Wayland. I have tried reinstalling xorg, reinstalling nvidia drivers,
setting |WaylandEnable=false| in |/etc/gdm/custom.conf| but whenever
trying to login using Xorg I get a frozen screen and mouse. I am using
the latest nvidia-390 driver. My laptop has a dual graphics card ie.
Intel and Nvidia. I would be fine staying with Wayland however it seems
unstable and a dual monitor setup isn't working. Any thoughts what I can
do to get this working so I can use Xorg .

Thanks,

Jim