[GTALUG] New Deaktop PC -- To Run debian Linux - PCPartPicker Recipe;

Steve Petrie, P.Eng. apetrie at aspetrie.net
Wed Mar 28 09:51:34 EDT 2018

Lennart, thanks for reply.

My remarks below.

Steve

----- Original Message -----
  From: Lennart Sorensen
  To: Giles Orr ; GTALUG Talk
  Cc: Steve Petrie, P.Eng.
  Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 12:27 PM
  Subject: Re: [GTALUG] New Deaktop PC -- To Run debian Linux - PCPartPicker Recipe;

  On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 12:14:57PM -0400, Giles Orr via talk wrote:
  > It's probably too late to convince you of this (as I suspect it would

  Well I discovered on my laptop a few years ago that suspend to disk takes
  a very long time when you put 24GB ram in a laptop and use a 5400rpm disk.

  An SSD makes it much better of course.

*** Nice tip. I'll be sure to use the SSD not only for fast software loading, but also for suspend workspace.

--
Len Sorensen