[GTALUG] dmesg not reporting the mount point on USB insert

William Witteman wwitteman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 17:01:53 EDT 2018

In the past, when I stuck a USB stick in to my computer, I would look
at dmesg and see that the device had been assigned a place in /dev.
This week, I can see the device's details (Lexar, Sandisk, whatever),
but there is no line for where I can address that device.  Graphical
file managers are also not showing the inserted media (I have tried
several different sticks and card readers).

I imagine that something changed in Debian that has lead to this, but
I can't tell what's missing. ehci is picking up the device insertion,
but not giving me a place to use in a mount line.  Anyone have any
thoughts?

Thanks.

William