[GTALUG] Did I buy the wrong network card? (RTL8812AE)

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Sun May 14 16:14:08 EDT 2017

On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 1:55 PM, Stewart C. Russell via talk <
talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> On 2017-05-13 12:24 PM, Russell wrote:
>>
>> This might be an ILP (Instruction Level Parallelisim) feature of systemd
init.

>> Take a look at how systemd deals with IVP routing tables using
network.target here.

>> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/NetworkTarget/
>
> Thanks, but I'm getting network, then it's periodically cutting out.
> This seems to be more waiting for systemd to say "No, really, we've got
> a network available" to services, rather than the network giving out. We
> get to answer a lot of questions about systemd and network on the
> Raspberry Pi forum, mostly about @reboot cron jobs not finding the
network.

For now, perhaps you could help me out? Are you getting this following
usbhid endpoint error?

usbhid 1-2:1.0: couldn't find an input interrupt endpoint

Also sorry I wasn't clear in my earlier post. The page link I provided was
to the page NetworkTarget. network.target itself only indicates that the
network management stack is up after it has been reached, It was the stuff
below the "Cut the crap! How do I make network.target work for me", that I
was referring to.

The reason I ask is that, here on my stock Debian, I seem to have some
confusion as an endpoint buffer, which firstly needs an endpoint
descriptor, doesn't get one. If a service doesn't return NAK or STALL, the
result seems to be a missing link beat.

Once a core system acquires the target, you should be able to track that
target by its Endpoint device description tables, in theory anyway.

However, when something tries to shove a big endian bit into a little
endian bucket, stuff is bound to spill over and mux something up.

So far, I was able to sort out my own printer/scanner and a non-persistent
scanner, by defining /lib/systemd/system
- saned at .service
-saned.socket

Right now for a NTP issue I'm studying
- After=network-online.target
-Wants=network-online.target

I dont have network dropping issue but some people who are dropping
networks after the initial poll might have luck with.

systemctl enable ifup-wait-all-auto.service

Below is a quote from another link which also contains the suggested
contents of ifup-wait-all-auto.service.

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/209832/debian-systemd-network-online-target-not-working/217768#217768

"Throw that beauty in /etc/systemd/system/ifup-wait-all-auto.service,
install it with sudo systemctl enable ifup-wait-all-auto.service, and then
actually have the network-online.target references in your systemd unit
definitions work properly."