[GTALUG] cheap today: 43 inch UltraHD TV

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Jun 25 01:16:21 EDT 2017

| Sounds like a decent idea if you only want 1 (!) monitor.
| Me - - I went for 4  - - 1900 x 1080 IIRC

I prefer a single monitor with that many pixels: 4 x 1920 x 1080 ==
UltraHD.  I don't really think that multiple UltraHD monitors would
help me.

I happen to have a 1920x1200 monitor on my desk too, but I kind of
switch modes when switching monitors (they are hooked to diffrent
computers).  The UltraHD monitor subtends a large arc.

|  and for that you MUST use the
| nvidia
| drivers and that install was a real hoot!

That might be worth a write-up.

| (My system is 3 monitors in a landscape mode and one in a portrait mode.
| The vertical one is used a lot when reading pdfs.)

All lined up?  The more obvious arrangement would be 2 by 2.