[GTALUG] router upgrade; cheap WRT1200ac

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jul 21 11:29:54 EDT 2017

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 07:26:38AM -0700, Dave Cramer wrote:
> There was one review on this router that mentioned that the radio was not
> very good. Is this typical or just someone's bad experience ?

Well I keep my 1900 in the basement and two floors above (in a 40 year
old townhouse) I have no problem with 2.4 and 5ghz connections to the
devices I have around.

It's better than the radio in any previous router I have had.

So not sure what some people consider good or bad radio.  The cpu and
radio are both marvell.  Maybe some people prefer atheros/qualcomm or
broadcom or intel (not sure they do anything on the AP side).

--
Len Sorensen