[GTALUG] Cheap vs Inexpensive (Was: router upgrade)

James Knott james.knott at rogers.com
Thu Jul 13 17:09:48 EDT 2017

On 07/13/2017 05:03 PM, Scott Sullivan via talk wrote:
> From my own experience, this is not the case. I'v been using TP-Link
> gear for over a decade, in personal and professional settings (having
> worked at an ISP). I find TP-Link to be of good quality. Some of my
> personal units I've had in service for 5 years.

I have a TP-Link TL-WA901ND access point.  While it generally works
well, it has one bug.  It supports mulitple SSIDs and VLANs.  However,
the native LAN leaks into the VLAN, so that anything connected to the
2nd SSID gets the wrong DHCP etc. info.

I also have a TL-SG105E managed switch that generally does what it's
supposed to, but also has some bugs.

So, I'd put them at the lower end of the quality spectrum.