[GTALUG] Router advice sought

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 10:29:27 EST 2017

On 2017-01-31 06:08 AM, James Knott via talk wrote:

> Since you're with Teksavvy over ADSL, you'll want to get one that
> supports IPv6.

Yes, it does, and I think that I do have an IPv6 address somewhere. But
I've got a static IPv4 address from Teksavvy, and that's about the limit
of what I understand/need.

(bit of a change from 1992, when as a founding member of the UK's first
ISP [Demon] I was assigned a block of addresses larger than most
countries could hope to have.)

The router's working nicely now, and is just a shade faster than the old
one. Shame it's so big - would make a nice cat warmer.

 Stewart