[GTALUG] [browser bitching] Re: Programming languages (in comparison?) - -was Learn Swift for Apple/iOS. Learn ??? for Google/Android.

Myles Braithwaite 👾 me at mylesb.ca
Fri Dec 15 12:09:39 EST 2017

Jamon Camisso via talk wrote:
> I haven't read the article yet, but I always see people resorting to
> selenium, when other tools seem like they might have less overhead. Is
> there any mention of phantomjs? http://phantomjs.org/

I've used it a couple of times, generating PDFs from a web page in PHP
and using it like I would Selenium in Node. I've never really thought of
using it with Python but I just found this SO answer that says you can
use it as a WebDriver in Selenium:
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13287490/is-there-a-way-to-use-phantomjs-in-python>.
So I'm definitely going to start using it.

Thanks for helping me see stuff from a different angle.