[GTALUG] File tagger

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 17:49:37 EDT 2017

I'd alluded to a "file tagger" last night...  Here's the one I was aware of...

https://github.com/oniony/TMSU

It sets up a SQLite database in a .tmsu directory, and allows
attaching metadata via labelling files.

The metadata lives in the database, separate from the files, so it has
certain aspects of, erm, fragility.  Furthermore, they've got a neat
extension whereby you can mount the database as a filesystem via FUSE
so you can explore the tags looking for files.  Unfortunately, that
has a strong propensity to fall over leaving the special filesystem
pretty mussed up.

So it's more interesting as a concept than as reality.

Neat idea, nonetheless...