[GTALUG] Printing Problem - Can't find printer

Stephen stephen-d at rogers.com
Fri May 27 11:44:08 EDT 2016

I am using Ubuntu 14.04
Printer is Epson WF-2630
Wi-fi connection. Hard coded IP address

When I try to print, I get a Gnome pop-up saying printer is off-line.
Using the web interface to CUPS the reported error is printer not found.

I can always ping the printer.
I can always print from a windows computer on the same network.

I can, from the CUPS web interface "modify" the printer settings. I
click through without changing anything.

When I am finished, the stalled print job is printed.

Any ideas how I can print without "modifying" the printer settings?

--
Stephen