[GTALUG] Meeting on Tuesday at 7:30pm

Myles Braithwaite me at mylesbraithwaite.com
Thu May 5 23:00:33 EDT 2016

On Thursday, May 5, 2016, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne at gmail.com> wrote:

> We've had some issues with handling email coming from Yahoo! that seems
> to relate to some anti-spam mechanisms.

Hopefully someone will find this interesting.

I solved **The Great Unsubscribe Event of 2016** by adding
ALLOW_FROM_IS_LIST = Yes the penguin's mm_cfg.py file. It's a new option
available in Mailman version 2.1.16 that doesn't require that annoying
Reply-To workaround.

You can read more over on Mailman's documentation: <
https://wiki.list.org/DOC/What%20can%20I%20do%20about%20members%20being%20unsubscribed%20by%20bounces%20of%20Yahoo%20user's%20posts%20for%20DMARC%20policy%20reasons%3F>
(sorry
that links probably not going to work as it's impossible to share with all
those spaces).

I also subscribe to the mailing list with my Yahoo email address so I can
prevent this stuff faster.

--
Myles Braithwaite | http://mylesb.ca/e