[GTALUG] Linux and Stereo Speaker Cables

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon Mar 14 13:12:35 UTC 2016

| From: phiscock at ee.ryerson.ca

| I used to write for Audio Scene Magazine, and worked with Floyd Toole at
| the National Research Council on loudspeaker evaluation.

I subscribed to that magazine.  I think I remember your name on some
articles (but my memory is fuzzy on that).

The work at NRC on loudspeakers was groundbreaking.  As I understand
it, this created a Canadian edge in loudspeaker design that allowed
several companies to break into the industry world-wide.

I guess Harper cured NRC of this kind of adventures.
<http://www.cbc.ca/radio/ideas/science-under-siege-part-1-1.3091552>
<http://www.cbc.ca/radio/ideas/science-under-siege-part-2-1.3098865>
<http://www.cbc.ca/radio/ideas/science-under-siege-part-3-1.3101953>
(The audio I'm listening to these days; HiFi not required.)