[GTALUG] gmane.org gone, at least for now

ac ac at main.me
Sun Jul 31 12:18:26 EDT 2016

On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 16:40:49 +0200
ac via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 16:30:37 +0200
> ac via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 10:01:01 -0400 (EDT)
> > "D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk" <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> > > BTW, this link is to discussion of a problem that I'm having.  My
> > > Fujitsu Scansnap ix500 won't work when plugged into a USB 3 port
> > > on Linux.  Very odd.  This report is two years old and the problem
> > > persists. ---
> > eeek, soz, I only just saw this..
> > please post any output from dmesg (directly after plugging usb)?
> whahaha, triple eeek... (- Sundays... go figure) just reading the way
> back when link and your logs
> (http://spark.crystalorb.net/mikem/dmesg.log)
> I do not yet have anything easy/constructive to add and I promise to
> only reply if I do :)

I started working through the thread (and the code) to try to
understand the issue :)
I noted: it seems that we round the interval for high speed bulk,
where it should not have an interval that, combined with
"Plugging the scanner to a USB2 port works flawlessly"
After Mathias coded "It re-configures the endpoint every
time a usb device driver clears a halt to make the toggle and
sequence stay in sync between xhci and the device"
result: - the scanner appears in lsusb
then i hit this:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150727001119/http://spark.crystalorb.net/mikem/dmesg.log
and the reconfiguring of the endpoint solved the problem...

 Soo, am thinking, in your case...
motherboard... --> bios? Is xHCI hand-off  enabled in bios settings?
(we are using intel... - also, btw eHCI hand-off should be disabled)
or still usb 3 issue, passthrough?

other than that it sounds like a frustrating and entertaining problem
(although it is solved for everyone else afaict :) )

Andre