[GTALUG] Advice -- Building Debian 8 PC To Replace Win XP PC;

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jul 28 15:36:30 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 01:49:29PM -0400, Steve Petrie, P.Eng. via talk wrote:
> The first big porting task will be to convert my Outlook Express mail
> folders (2.38 GB) to Thunderbird on Linux. And then start using the
> Linux PC for my email.

Why am I thinking:

Setup an IMAP server, point outlook at it, copy mail folders there,
then connect other mail program at it and copy again.

I am sure there is a good reason not to do it that way though.  I would
be surprised if thunderbird can't import from outlook express files
directly.

Of course I keep my mail on the server anyhow, so it is already imap,
and I don't have local folders to move around, so I haven't done that.

--
Len Sorensen