[GTALUG] Looking for a used 1U server

Ijaaz Ullah iullah at nightingalemd.com
Tue Feb 2 10:02:39 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-01, 10:55 PM, "talk on behalf of Alex Volkov" <talk-bounces at gtalug.org on behalf of avolkov at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>I'm looking for a used 1U server, mostly to use as a  virtualization
>host, so the general requirements are -- SATA, lots of ram slots
>available and the support of relatively cheap RAM, lots of cores. I've
>been looking really hard at HP Proliant DL160 G6 and HP Proliant DL165
>G7, budget -- around $500.
>
>Also, are there any local computer recyclers that would have 3-5 year
>old off-lease systems?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Alex.
>---
>Talk Mailing List
>talk at gtalug.org

I’ve purchased hardware from http://netnit.com previously.  They are located up in Markham.

I’ve bought two dl360’s from them a few years back.  Used them as Nagios/puppet servers at a previous employer.

Ijaaz Ullah
Vice President IT & Privacy Officer

T: 905-307-3645
C: 416-566-6880
W: www.nightingalemd.com
E: iullah at nightingalemd.com

This message contains confidential information and should only be viewed by the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify iullah at nightingalemd.com immediately by e-mail. If you have received this e-mail by mistake please delete this e-mail from your system. For additional information about our email terms & conditions click here<http://www.nightingalemd.com/about/email-disclaimer/>