[GTALUG] Looking for a used 1U server

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 07:34:42 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 9:55 PM, Alex Volkov <avolkov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm looking for a used 1U server, mostly to use as a  virtualization host,
> so the general requirements are -- SATA, lots of ram slots available and the
> support of relatively cheap RAM, lots of cores. I've been looking really
> hard at HP Proliant DL160 G6 and HP Proliant DL165 G7, budget -- around
> $500.
>
> Also, are there any local computer recyclers that would have 3-5 year old
> off-lease systems?

With the large drop in value to the Canadian dollar your budget may be
hard to achieve.

I found a group out of Michigan called PC Servers and Parts on fleabay through a
smaller purchase and have since done more. Fair pricing (compared to
other fleabay
marketers with very good service. (Note: I was purchasing the product
shipped to an
American address.)

Dee