[GTALUG] TL-MR3020

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Fri Aug 12 11:04:07 EDT 2016

Just out of the recent thread "TP-Link TL-WR802N 300Mbps Wireless-N Nano
Router", wanted to pull together useful links on one of my favorite
pieces of travel kit. It's aged very well, still doing what every random
job I throw at it 4 years on.

The most recent triumph, involved using as it as a PXE boot server,
tethered to my phone for internet access to network boot an old Pentium
II Dell Optiplex, from https://boot.rackspace.com/

TL-MR3020
=========

Product Page:
http://www.tplink.ca/en/products/details/cat-4691_TL-MR3020.html

WebUI simulator(*):
http://www.tp-link.com/resources/simulator/TL-MR3020/index.htm

OpenWRT:
https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr3020

Vendors(**):
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704127CVF
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3446927&srkey=YYS2-4888153
http://www.ncix.com/detail/tp-link-tl-mr3020-portable-3g-3-75g-wireless-39-68296.htm
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=690&item_id=047186
https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=TL-MR3020

*: TP-Link doesn't put up the interface for all their devices, and
sometimes you have to go digging to find them (this one was linked of
the Sri Lanka page, but not the Canadian).

**: I certainly doubt TP-link is still producing these, but there is
still some stock at vendors.