[GTALUG] Man deletes his entire company

Howard Gibson hgibson at eol.ca
Sun Apr 17 01:03:23 EDT 2016

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 14:33:49 -0300
Mauro Souza <thoriumbr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw this on Slashdot and on serverfault. He was using Ansible at the
> time, and all remote backups were mounted at that time, and wiped clean too.
>
> Yes, catastrophic mistake, but he could recover almost all data with
> testdisk. I recovered a disk for a colleague once, could recover almost
> 95%. A journaled filesystem is very good for recovering things.

   There used to be ads on the Linux Journal for something called Buttsaver from Lone Tar software. that recovered deleted UNIX/Linux files.  The ads contained some nasty comments about voice mail, and a suggestion that you "call the cowboy".   My search for "buttsaver+cowboy" brought up a Stormfront website, among other thing.  A search for "buttsaver+lone+tar" brought up something about a women whose job title is "Chief fluffy Butt Saver", plus some very old websites.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson at eol.ca
howard.gibson at teledyneoptech.com