[GTALUG] update to Win 10, a war story

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Apr 10 11:35:56 UTC 2016

On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 09:40:30AM -0400, John Moniz wrote:
> I have a laptop for a particular application that has to use MS windows. It
> is now running on Win7. I've been resisting the move to W10, despite the
> constant nagging of the MS 'helpful' notices. This is a production computer
> and interfaces with the government frequently.
>
> Should I bite the bullet and switch to W10? I'm afraid the government might
> force me switch some day, and it'll surely be after the free switchover
> window is closed.
>
> Any thoughts?

You can do the upgrade, then play with a few days, then revert the upgrade
(which you can do within 30 days) and then you can upgrade (or even do a
fresh install) later for free.  As long as you do the upgrade once during
the free upgrade window you get the upgrade forever on that machine,
including fresh installs (the first time has to be an upgrade though).

--
Len Sorensen