[GTALUG] Can't list directory contents

qwerty172 qwerty172 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 21:04:38 UTC 2016

 Try
echo *
If that gives you something then ssh is not setting your environment.

also use the full path for the utilities. Ie
/bin/ls should work.

Bill

Sent from Samsung Galaxy NoteRandy Jonasz <rjonasz at rjonasz.ca> wrote:On Wed, 2016-04-06 at 22:14 -0400, ted leslie wrote:
> run  df & mount in both env. compare.
> also you may want to find out exactly how your encrypt part is
> mounted and what tech it uses.
> Ultimately you should be able to mount it manually, and then you can
> try those step from
> a non-mount state to a mounted state with each login method as well,
> it may shine light.

OK, this is very puzzling.  I ssh into my laptop from my laptop and df
and mount do not list this drive as mounted!  I have two nfs mounts
that autofs mounts and they show up.  I can even manually mount the
backup drive in the ssh session on the same directory it is mounted
from xterm shell.  I'm confused as to what is going on.
---
Talk Mailing List
talk at gtalug.org