[GTALUG] Can't list directory contents

Randy Jonasz rjonasz at rjonasz.ca
Thu Apr 7 19:41:28 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-04-06 at 22:14 -0400, ted leslie wrote:
> run  df & mount in both env. compare.
> also you may want to find out exactly how your encrypt part is
> mounted and what tech it uses.
> Ultimately you should be able to mount it manually, and then you can
> try those step from
> a non-mount state to a mounted state with each login method as well,
> it may shine light.

OK, this is very puzzling.  I ssh into my laptop from my laptop and df
and mount do not list this drive as mounted!  I have two nfs mounts
that autofs mounts and they show up.  I can even manually mount the
backup drive in the ssh session on the same directory it is mounted
from xterm shell.  I'm confused as to what is going on.