[GTALUG] [OT] first stanza in css not understood

Paul King sciguy at vex.net
Sat Apr 2 22:37:29 UTC 2016

Hi

Sorry if this is off-topic, but I have been scratching my head for hours and
have been frustrated with this error. I am writing this code just for myself.

The first stanza in my css code which I moved from HTML to an external css file
does not appear to be read at all. This appears to happen whatever the first
stanza is, and I have tried moving them around. All other CSS tags are
understood, but only if they do not appear in the first stanza. I can give the
first two stanzas including the lines above it (all comments). Doesn't look
like there is anything wrong here to me, although there is a bit of repetition.

Paul

------------------CSS CODE BELOW-----------------------------

// Cascading stylesheet for form elements such as buttons
// "equal" and "clear" are two class names I gave for form buttons

    .equal {
          background-color: #4CAF50; /* Green */
          border: 2px solid black;
          color: white;