[GTALUG] ​Microsoft and Canonical partner to bring Ubuntu to Windows 10 | ZDNet

Daniel Villarreal youcanlinux at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 08:12:22 UTC 2016

On 02/04/16 06:07 AM, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> ... why is Canonical doing this? ​That's easy.
>
> The business model for Canonical (as it is for any mainstream
> distro) is to make money from the human factors surrounding FOSS
> (training, support, documentation)​.
>
> The link with MS offers new opportunities for the Linux services
> company that knows more about the MS/Linux integration than any
> other.

I don't imagine Canonical has the Enterprise covered to the extent
that RedHat and SUSE do, but please let me know...

https://www.redhat.com/en/about/press-releases/microsoft-and-red-hat-del
iver-new-standard-enterprise-cloud-experiences
see here https://goo.gl/EUpOVO

https://www.suse.com/partners/alliance-partners/microsoft/

Your choice of GNU/Linux distribution maybe should take into account
how inherently secure it is, you might look at the following
information. More info at my blog.
https://blogs.gnome.org/mcatanzaro/2016/02/01/on-webkit-security-updates
/
see here https://goo.gl/5hrWRu

See here, ...
Sicherheitsmeldungen aller Distributionen...
http://www.pro-linux.de/sicherheit/1/1/1.html

SUSE Enterprise software manager will indicate actual CVE reports and
at a glance you can see which boxen need to be updated, etc.

I also just read that RedHat is giving away RHEL to developers...
http://www.redhat.com/en/about/press-releases/red-hat-expands-red-hat-de
veloper-program-no-cost-red-hat-enterprise-linux-developer-subscription
see here http://goo.gl/T4jATX

I just attended SUSE Expert Days 2016 and IBM representative Mr. Greg
R. Lee spoke about the latest IBM innovations in hardware/processing
and sheer power of LinuxONE (R) technology in combination with
open-source db's running on SUSE Enterprise Linux, I put up a review
at my blog, see below.

regards,
Daniel Villarreal
youcanlinux.org
youcanlinux at gmail.com
PGP key 2F6E 0DC3 85E2 5EC0 DA03  3F5B F251 8938 A83E 7B49
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF2518938A83E7B49